Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My big announcement!

Hi Guys

I hope you're all happy & healthy just like me. I'm soooo sorry I haven't been in touch but I had a bit of a holiday recently. I told you all in my last update that I had some really exciting news but I guess you probably know about it already cause it was on the TV One news and in the paper - I'VE BEEN ADOPTED!!!!!!!!! YA HOO, YIPPEE, YEHAAA!

Oops, sorry, I just get so excited and have to pinch myself every time I think about it.

I live with the best family ever. They have four cool kids that play with me all the time and a new Dad (he's a real soft touch & spoils me) and a new Mum who is really the boss of everyone including me. I tried to sort her out at the start, but she wasn't having any of that, so I have to be really well behaved just like the kids & Dad, but I love them all sooooo much.

I also have the best-ever doggy-sister called "Merry" who I love to bits, but I don't ever let her know because she might think she can take advantage. She goes and finds sticks and toys and then I take them off her and keep them. How cool is that game???!!!

I have a huge back yard with bush and trees; there's a lot of shade and a special kennel that I can go and sleep in when I'm tired, and I have a big bed inside where I sleep in at night.

The kids play sport so mum takes me to watch them play soccer, so I'm always really good in the car and I sit nicely next to mum and lots of people come up saying how pretty I am and pat me (I am very pretty if I say so myself). It's great and I can't believe how lucky I am.

When I go to bed at night, I sleep like a baby puppy and dream about nice food, toys, sticks, a warm soft bed, trips in the car and I've stopped having nightmares about that horrible shed I was locked in for all those weeks and the loneliness. I thought I was going to die and I nearly did. Thank goodness for the SPCA and wonderful people like you, who helped look after me with all your donations and presents.

My new family went away for the weekend a couple of weeks ago and Merry & I had to go to stay at a Pet Hotel. It was very flash but I did miss them all and they were so pleased to see me when they came back.


My best friend, Merry

I don't ever want to be alone again or not be with my family. Mum said she will take photos and write little stories to send to Uncle D at the SPCA and he will put them on my blog, so you can all keep in touch with me.

I don't know how to start thanking you all for caring so much about me. If it hadn't been for Inspector Todd, the SPCA Staff, Volunteers and all you guys, I would never have made it and never have been the well behaved, friendly dog I am today. Your love, support and generosity are impossible to measure and I can't find enough words to thank you all... so I'll keep it simple: I love you all, and thank you for giving me my life back.

"You all make a difference, so never stop believing in what you do because we will never stop believing in you..."

Love
EVE

1 comment:

Toby said...

We have followed your story from the beginning and now it has a happy ending. We are so pleased for you.

Have a happy life and never look back.

Love
Tobys Mum