Thursday, February 21, 2008

Life's a beach...

Hi Everyone!
It's me again, just thought I'd do a quick catch up before the weekend as I will be going away with my new family.
I'm so excited because they are all taking me to a place called "a beach". I have never been to a beach before & never ever had a holiday so I just can't keep still thinking about it. I heard my foster parents talking about it the other night (not that I was eavesdropping but just showing an interest) & they were saying that there is lots of water & room to run & even better lots of birds to chase. Apparently I am allowed to chase birds but not sheep or rabbits so I can't wait. You just watch out birds 'cause Eve is in top chasing condition!
I have sent Uncle Derek who is the website whiz at the SPCA a photo of the new kennel the one I was telling you about with me posing in it, of course. Isn't is posh? I just love it because I can get out of the sun or the rain but still keep an eye on the action.

me and my kewl kennel...

I also forgot to tell you that I met some cows the other day, they were just a little scary so I thought if I kept barking loudly at them they would go away. They just stood on the other side of MY fence & looked at me gormlessly; I really do not know where these weird animals come from but they did have big brown eyes with really long eyelashes which were really quite appealing. I asked where they got their eyelashes because I thought they would rather suit me but they wouldn't tell me & eventually my foster mum told me I had to stop barking. Geez, I was only asking about their eyelashes!!
I went to my training class on Monday night & everyone said I was so much better behaved as I just sat there & watched all the other dogs being trained & then it was my turn. I listened really hard & walked along beside my foster mum on a loose lead & sat whenever I was told. I didn't get too excited & I didn't jump all over the other dogs & I didn't growl anymore because I don't need to be scared of other dogs when I'm with my foster mum. I've learnt that my foster mum is the leader & I just tag along & everything works out just fine.
Anyway this was supposed to be a quick update but I have so much to talk about but I have to go because I have to pack. I'm taking my pink stuffed toy & my chewy toy & my tennis ball & my other special toys & I will ask my foster dad if we can take my kennel & my blue plastic bed & my favourite blanket & of course my big container of food because I'm bound to get extra hungry chasing all those birds & a special beach towel to dry me with... OOhh I'm so excited I can't wait.
I will get the oldies to take lots of pics & send them through next week.
Catch up soon,
See Ya!
Eve

No comments: