Monday, February 18, 2008

The Undiscovered Country...

Hi everyone... I am so sorry I've been out of touch for a wee while, I've been having so much fun in my new foster home I simply haven't had time to write & the oldies are always hogging the computer.

Anyway, where do I begin? I am absolutely loving it here. I have my very own room which has a very fancy long name called a "conservatory". It has loads of windows so I get a great view from my bed & is lovely & warm at night time. I have two beds to choose from, one is a very fancy blue plastic bed with blankets & that's where I sleep most of the time and keep all of my toys. My other bed is a lovely big dog crate where I can go if things get too busy with lots of visitors or where I can just have time out when I'm tired.

There is lots of room at my new home and big paddocks with very interesting white woolly creatures which I believe are called "sheep?" Anyway I couldn't believe my luck when I first saw the "Sheep" because I thought it would be great to get some exercise by playing chase. Oh no!! How wrong can a girl be? My new Mum & Dad have made it very clear that these silly sheep are on the 'Do Not Touch' list so I had better play along for the moment just to keep the peace.



I have a huge back yard with a BBQ area and a brand new wooden kennel so I can sleep in there but still keep an eye on things when I get sick of helping with the garden. My foster mum is home all day so I have lots of company and she has been taking me out in the car which I love. It has a big area in the back where I have a blanket and I can lie down or stand up or sit and look out the window.


I just can't believe how much there is to see and do especially as I spent so much time under that house, I almost forgot how it feels to be free. I spend a lot of time outside with my new mum helping with the garden, I dig & she plants but I never manage to quite dig in the right place.


You would all be so proud of me because the other day I caught a wild rabbit that was nibbling at my mum's new plants. Needless to say I left it sitting on the mat by the door as I was very proud of my conquest. Funnily, the family didn't seem to thrilled about my little deposit but I thought I was quite clever.



I'm learning to bark at strangers but also to be nice to people when my family tell me these people are 'ok'. I am also doing special training every day to teach me good dog manners and I now walk to heel and sit when I'm told. I'm still learning to lie down and stay still which I find really hard because I just want to play.


Last week I visited a dog training group and saw lots of other dogs doing really smart things. I haven't met many other dogs and I need to learn how to behave around them so I'm going once a week to see my new friends and learn more on how to be obedient and sociable and I get to ride in the car!


I went back to see Doug the vet a couple of weeks ago and all of my new friends at the SPCA -Todd, the cool Inspector who saved me, and the animal attendants who looked after me. It was so exciting to see everyone and they all made such a fuss. I got so excited I completely forgot my manners and my foster mum had to remind me about not pulling on the lead and sitting when I'm told.


Doug said my skin was good pretty good but I do have some new pills to keep the itch away and they are working really well.


Well, I really must be off because I can hear the fridge door opening so that means dinner time. I get two meals a day of only the best quality food and everyone tells me how well I look. I never want to be thin again and I know I will never have to worry thanks to the SPCA and all you wonderful people who have helped me over the last few months.


I'll be in touch soon so don't forget about me...


See ya!!

Eve

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Eve, I'm so glad you are happy now and I love reading your updates.

Sally

PS My dog Bella says Woof!