Friday, January 4, 2008

Food, glorious food


Foster Co-ordinator Alison Travaglia says g'day to Eve

We continue to be astounded by Eve's improvements. She is steadily putting on more weight and growing in confidence as each day passes.

Her friendly and gentle nature towards everyone she meets makes her a firm favourite with Staff, Volunteers and visitors to the Auckland SPCA alike.

We are swamped with messages of support from all over New Zealand and further afield, too, including the USA and UK.

She's becoming quite famous, thanks in no small way to the support we've received from our friends in the media, who have highlighted Eve's plight.


Waddya mean 'hold still for the camera'?

As you can see from the photos, she still needs to fill-out some more, but we'll continue her treatments and we think she's going to make a great recovery.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I usually shy away from reading animal abuse stories because they disturb me too much. But I dared to read about the discovery of Eve and the terrible condition she was in when she was rescued. Eve is just one extreme example of the good work you people do. The saddest thing is that had the owners come home before she died, she would have still looked forward to seeing them. Dogs are stupidly loyal like that. That's why they're labelled "man's best friend". Thank you for saving her from that indignity as well.

keesha said...

Hi Eve
My name is Keesha, I am only 8 months old so my daddy is typing this...I haven't got a grip on this key board thing yet.
I really am glad you are getting better...and I hope you end up in a home just like mine...
My mummy and daddy love me to pieces and I get to go out in the car and go swimming..oh the water stuff is sooo cool Eve...
I get real meat with my dinner at night as well as doggy food but my dad lets me have snacks too....with him...
I am really knowledgable and I have learnt sign language really well cause I cant hear my dads voice..I was born deaf but I know my dad loves me heaps...
So because we have a lot of love in our family we have plenty to go around so I am sending some of that love your way with big doggy hugs and kisses from me....
Your friend keesha