Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The long awaited update - from Eve herself!

"Well, sorry to have taken so long to update my blog, but life as a dog at the SPCA has been pretty busy! Where do I start?"

"Last weekend I went home with Brigid, one of the wonderful staff here at the Animal Village, for a bit of a break from the routine here at the Village. It was great fun! Brigid's property is pretty big and her dogs were pleased to see me and wanted to play all day long, so we spent most of the weekend racing around playing tag with each other and chasing toys and balls. It was great, although I did have to rest a bit more often than everyone else, because I'm not used to all this exercise..."

"This week, my friends in the Auckland SPCA Canine Team weighed me (again!) and it seems that my weight is just on 17kg. They think that this is a bit of a milestone, because it means that I've reached 'foster weight' and I can go to my temporary foster home, with Tracy (another staff member)."

"Tracy's been very nice to me and we've been going for walks around the Village every day. She's not all that responsive to my training methods but I'm sure if I persist, Tracy will soon be doing everything I want her to do."

"I got some new toys, too. One of them quacks like a duck when I bite it and it's a bit scary, so I leave it alone now. I play tug with my rope-toy with the staff! I can pull really hard, but I end up letting the staff win, otherwise I think they get a bit miffed..!"

"I keep telling everyone to take some more photos of me for my blog, so hopefully we'll have some more on here shortly."

"Gotta go. Almost dinner time... see ya!"

Eve

5 comments:

pagan said...

Im so delighted to see current pics of Eve and to read the blog and see how well she is doin. What happened to Eve makes my heart very sore and brings to me to tears everytime I think about it. Thank you to everyone who has helped to bring Eve to where she is now, she looks amazing a real credit to you all at the SPCA..

Unknown said...

I am so pleased you are of foster weight and are staying with Tracy. Really looking forward to those new photos of you. Will be very happy when your previous owners are prosecuted and quite frankly I don't think the law is any where near tough enough on abusive, neglectful owners. It is about time these laws were updated because I am sure there are those who would consider vigilante action.

Lycia said...

Yes, Eve - those humans do get miffy if they don't win, you should have seen my human when I came here from the Pound, mannnnn did I have to re-train her something wicked. I bet if your foster home is anything like my new home, you will be loved heaps and always have food and water and best thing - heaps and heaps of tummy tickles, oh boy they are my favies. I had a squeakie toy - but my human took the squeaker out as it scared me, but don't tell the ole doggie here that or she'll think I'm a wuss. Keep up the great work :)

charlotte74 said...

so glad that your doing well hey keep at it tracy will catch on to what you want her to do i hope you find a great home soon with people who will love you

rach_nz said...

Thrilled to see the wonderful progress this beautiful dog is making.

Thankfully, there are plenty of good humans out there who love Eve and the other animals of the world. I am sick to my stomach by the thought of people who can mistreat animals in any way whatsoever. I believe in karma however, and know justice will come for those who mistreat animals. Bless u guys for the work you do!