Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Nice collar... NOT

"Well, I'm not very happy at the moment."

"I went for a big run the other day at the Village - we have our special fenced-in 'off-lead' area - and I found some different-looking grass, so naturally I rolled and rolled and rolled in it (as you do). Next thing I know, I'm feeling very itchy. VERY itchy, indeed. So I started scratching. And scratching and scratching and scratching and it got very sore very quickly."

Me with my 'collar'

"So I have 'the collar' on me and I can't scratch it any more. But the good news is that it's not itching as much and it's not as sore as it was, so I guess that's good, although it looks really dumb. My friend Doug, the vet, said I just had a small allergy reaction to the grass."

"I'm still training the staff here at the Village to do what I tell them; like when I want a treat, I wag my tail, droop my ears, lower my head, look at them and then sit down in front of them. Works almost every time. Some staff are better trained than others, but I don't have time to train them all."

"And now I have to start all over again, because today I left the Village to go live with my new foster family. I've met them already, when they came into the SPCA to have a talk to Alison, our Foster Programme Co-ordinator. Alison thinks they're a nice family and so do I, although it's going to be hard work starting their training from scratch. Gee, a girls' work is never done!"

Tracy takes me around the offices to
say "au revoir" to everyone

"Thanks to you all for your concern and emails and letters and donations. Certainly keeps me busy, reading them all. "That's it from me for now - I'm off on my new adventure! I'll keep you updated with how things are going though, don't worry."

"See ya!!"

--Eve



If you wish to donate to the Auckland SPCA, you can go directly to our donations page here, or you may wish to sign-up to our HOPE Programme - more information here.

You may not realise it, but the Auckland SPCA receives no automatic government funding and relies on the generousity of the Auckland public to enable us to rescue and care for our charges plus fund the prosecution of offenders.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Eve you silly thing :) Just like my dog decided to roll in a piece of rotting fish - there's just something about the things which are bad for you, hey? ;)

Michelle Little said...

Eve looks so healthy and happy.
Im sure many people like myself want and pray that Eve is NEVER To be allowed anywhere near the mongrel of an owner who did this to her. What a waste of space. I hope the SPCA fight this all the way and that she recieves the biggest fine that she rightfully deserves over what she has done.
She should be tied up under her house for 5 weeks with no food or water and see how she likes it. No matter someone is to blame and they have to be accounted for. Bring on a jail sentence I say!!! Lots of love to Eve - she is a beautiful girl.

Pawprintz NZ said...

Great to see Eve is recovering well. This was an awful story but it looks like it has a happy ending thanks to Auckland SPCA.
I hope the owner is prosecuted & receives a hefty fine or preferably a custodial sentence. This will serve as a warning to other people who own animals & treat them badly that there are serious repercussions.